Medical description: Cefaclor is one of the most popular antibiotics, which are taken for the treatment of versatile bacterial infections. It treats only infections, caused by bacteria, not viral ones. You’ll not be able to cure flu with it. Be cautious while taking the medication, It can cause some complicated side effects, if not taken in a proper way. It’s significant to take it during the whole course, in spite of improvements.
Synonyms: Distachlor, Solar, Alenfral, Alfacet, Alfatil, Cephaclor, Distaclor, Kefral, Panacef, Panoral, Raniclor
Consult your helth
care professional before using any drug.
For what is Cefaclor used?
Cefaclor is an antibiotic, which is appointed for the treatment of range of infections. One can use it for treating infections of the middle ear, skin, bladder, and throat and even pneumonia. It belongs to cephalosporin antibiotics. The drug works only for some particular bacteria, not for all of the existing.
Do not worry if the doctor prescribes you the antibiotic for some other condition, which is not mentioned here. It kills bacteria and prevents their growth. The antibiotic weakens the cells, ruptures its wall, which results in the death of bacteria. Do not take Generic Cefaclor if you are allergic to it or its ingredients. If any of such signs occur, contact the doctor.
Before taking Cefaclor
You should know that a number of diseases can interact with the drug. Tell your HCP about all the problems, which bother you at this moment. You should certainly tell about the following:
- being pregnant
- being breastfeeding
- you are taking some other medicines
- you are allergic
- have problems with abdomen
- you have diabetes
- you suffer from diarrhea, blood clotting disorder and stomach infections
- you have faced with phenylketonuria
- you have faced with severe allergy to any of the antibiotics (hives, rash, difficulties with breathing, dizziness)
Interactions with other Drugs
It’s consequential to tell your doctor about taking other medications, as they can interact with Cefaclor. Tell about the following medications:
- Probenecid – it can enhance Cefaclor actions and side effects;
- Warfarin – Cefaclor can enhance the risks of getting such a side effect, as bleeding;
Of course, it is not a total roll of drugs, which can interact with the antibiotic. For more concrete information ask your doctor. Check everything before you start your treatment with the medication.
How to use?
Use Cefaclor the way your doctor told you. Do not make up your own treatment. Each time, check and read the label once more to know the exact information.
- you can take Cefaclor with or without meal;
- before swallowing it, chew it properly;
- take it for the full length of medication to clear up the infection totally. If you feel improvements, do not cease taking it;
- Cefaclor will work better, if taken at a fixed time each day;
- if you drop out a dosage, take it when you remember.
Do not take several doses simultaneously. If you have missed 2 or more, contact the doctor for advice. If you do not know how to use the drug, ask the physician.
Important Cefaclor Safety Information
- before you order Generic Cefaclor, know that it is only good for treating various bacterial, not viral ones, such as cold.
- using the antibiotic for a long time already and even repeatedly, it can lead to some other infections. That’s why contact the doctor, because he may change the antibiotic for this second infection.
- take the antibiotic during the whole period, indicated by your health care provider. If there are visible considerable improvements, it doesn’t mean that you can stop the course. This can result in less effectiveness and can enhance the risks of certain bacteria to be no longer susceptible to such a medication. It can even be difficult to treat such a condition with other drugs in the future.
- if you experience severe stomach pain, diarrhea, and bloody stool contact the doctor. It can be a sign of some serious and complicated side effect. Do not start treating all the above mentioned conditions, without doctor’s advice.
- if you suffer from diabetes, taking Cefaclor can change the result of some tests, such as urine glucose. Certainly, discuss the issue with the doctor to adjust the dosage and change the nutrition.
- if you are an elderly person, take the antibiotic cautiously.
- if you are pregnant or a breastfeeding mom, you should discuss with the physician all the benefits and negative sides of taking the drug.
Cefaclor Side Effects
Before you buy Generic Cefaclor, it’s vital to know all the information about it, including side effects. No matter what medicine is, it will cause some side effects. You may face with the following:
- mild diarrhea
- sinus infections
If these symptoms are bothersome, talk with the doctor.
Some severe side effects include:
- difficulties with breathing
- bloody stools
- severe diarrhea
- stomach cramps
- irritation of the vagina
- vaginal discharge
- chest tightness
If you observe any of the above mentioned side effects, it’s better to contact the doctor immediately and discuss the matter with him. Do not treat all above mentioned problems by yourself, without any doctor’s consultations.
How to store?
When you buy Generic Cefaclor, ensure that you know how to store it efficiently. Store at 20˚ to 25˚ C. Choose a tightly closed plastic container. Do not keep the medication in your bathroom. Hide away from any heat, light and moisture. Keep away from the children’s reach.
While taking the medicine
If you notice some improvements, continue your course. If you stop it, the bacteria can grow again and you will have to start the treatment of the same infection from the very beginning.
- If you miss a dose, take when you recall;
- If it’s time of the next dose, skip a missed one and take the next one;
- Do not take doubled doses;
General Cefaclor information
If you still have some questions concerning the drug, talk with the doctor. Remember the following:
- Cefaclor is used by those, who got prescription for it;
- do not share it with any other medications;
- if you take the drug and there are no improvements, you feel worse, contact the physician;
- ask the physician how to dispose the medication, which was unused;
You should understand that all the above said information is not enough to start taking the drug. You should talk with the doctor, who will decide if Cefaclor is good for your or not. He will tell you about all the list of medications, which can interact with the antibiotic. Ask your health care provider about a full list of possible side effects.
Cefaclor is an efficient antibiotic, used to cure a number of infections, cause by concrete bacteria. It is safe and beneficial.
Why is Cefaclor prescribed?
Cefaclor treats particular infections, provoked by certain bacteria. The medication can treat pneumonia, infections of the throat, lungs, skin and ears. Generic Cefaclor belongs to cephalosporin antibiotics. It stops the growing of the bacteria and prevents from their further spreading. It is not used to treat cold and flu.
How to use?
One can find Cefaclor in a capsule, suspension and long-acting tablet (extended-release.) It’s suggested to take liquid and capsules ach 8 hours, almost 3 times per day or 2 times per day. If you were prescribed a long-acting tablet, take it twice a day. Take the drug at a fixed time each day, to get most of its benefits. Always read the label cautiously, ask the doctors to explain what you do not clearly understand.
Take it the way it was directed. Do not take more or less of it. If you are using a liquid, it’s vital to shake it properly before using. As for tablets and capsules, swallow them whole and take with a glass of water. If you were indicated the long-acting tablets take them whole as well, without chewing, splitting or crushing. If you feel better continue your prescription with Cefaclor. If you stop it, you may become very resistant to many antibiotics, which can make it more intricate to treat some other infections in the future.
Other Cefaclor Uses.
Do not worry if your physician has prescribed the antibiotic for treating some other condition, which is not mentioned here. Do not worry to buy Generic Cefaclor in such a case. If you are not sure in something, ask for more information your health care provider.
Before you are indicated with Cefaclor, it’s good to tell about the following:
- You are allergic to penicillin, Cefaclor, cefadroxil, cefepime, cefazolin, cefoxitin and other similar antibiotics
- Tell about all the vitamins, herbal supplements, medications you are having. It’s important to mention probenecid and blood thinners
- Tell about any other allergies, problems with kidneys, liver, colitis and stomach
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
As for diet changes, continue eating what you always eat unless the doctor tell you to alter something.
What additional information should I know?
Keep visiting your doctor regularly, for him to monitor the condition. He may ask you to do some tests. If you suffer from diabetes, he will, for sure, ask you to do a test to check your urine sugar levels. Do not give anyone else your drug, it may harm those people. The prescription is not refillable. If you have finished treatment with Cefaclor, and you still feel bad, contact the doctor. Keep the list of all the drugs you are currently taking, to avoid interactions, include: vitamins, herbal supplement, dietary supplements, over-the-counter medications and mineral.
What if I Overdose?
When you order Generic Cefaclor, take great caution with it. Try not to overdose it, to avoid any possible complications. If you overdose it, you may face with:
- Epigastric distress
The severity of the signs will depend on the amount of medication you overdose. If you observe these symptoms, it’s better to contact the physician and discuss everything with him. Do not start treating those signs by yourself with new drugs.
How to store it?
Choose a locked plastic container and place the medication there. Keep it at room temperature. Hide from any possible heat, light and moisture. Do not keep in the bathroom. If you are using a mixture, put it in the fridge. Before you start using it, shake properly. You can keep the liquid only for 2 weeks in a refrigerator. Throw away unused mixture.